Monday, May 19, 2008

Gem and Mineral show!

This past weekend I went to Martinsville, VA to the Gem and Mineral show. I have been to this particular show every year for the past four years. :) This time, I went two days. On Saturday I went up by myself, and Sunday I went back with a friend and her son.

On Saturday, I got to the place about 7 minutes before the hour. They do hourly door prize drawings. I put my name in and then went to look around the show. The first name was called and guess what? It was me! :D I won a door prize. I was very happy as I have wanted to win in the past, and have never done so. I immediately went over to claim my prize! They let me pick from the display case of door prizes. I was trying to decide between a nice piece of Unakite and a Apophyllite on Prehnite crystal formation. I picked the A on P!

After that, I went to thank the dealer that put the crystal in the show and walked around and bought some goodies. On Saturday, I ended up with:

Banded Ameytst, Tree Agate, 3 rainbow Moonstones, Lapis Lazuli, green Jasper, Carnelian, Malacite, pink Calcite, and two grab bags. (full of goodies)

On Sunday, I got: another tree agate, picture Jasper, sodalite, serpentine, Unakite, and a piece of petrifried wood. All in all it was a good weekend for crystals. :) On Saturday, I also found and purchased a beautiful pewter pendant of Anubis! :) The pendant came on a long black 'chain', but I put him on a short suede one when I got home. That way I can wear him with my v-neck tops. :) I love Anubis. I was hoping to find something of Anubis at the show and was pleased when I saw these pendants!

RIght now, I have the stones in the process of cleansing. It will be tomorrow before I'm ready to start using them or storing them. I will take some pictures of all my goodies soon and share them with you!

No comments: